Monday, June 20, 2011

Trail camera corrected

With a bridge out on the Alma-Omega Road, the alternate routes to ManCamp are US 23 North to Alma-Omega (west of the bridge replacement) or SR 335 to Wilson Run Road. Kuma d.o.g. and I prefer the Wilson Run route for good reason. The Wilson Run drive-through not only has the coldest cooler known to man but it also has a nice lady at the window that treats brown dogs riding shotgun to beef Slim Jims. Today, we drove Maximus to ManCamp so we could return to the back 40 and correct the sight line of my trail camera. It rained today so Barbie Jeep was left behind; she would slip and slide too much to make this trip. Kuma doesn't appreciate it when I can reach out Maximus and touch the ground as we go around a steep hill on her side; Kuma ends up in my lap.

Maximus is Nic's 2004 4x4 Ranger. In my opinion, one measure of success as a parent is when you can provide your children a better childhood than your own. All three of our kids now drive better cars than me. Nic has his Ranger, Natalie has a 2010 Ford Focus and Brandon owns my dream car, a 2008 black Jeep Rubicon. I'm driving Laura's hand-me-down 2002 Camry that I bought her in 2001. It's now the goose that laid the golden egg. It has 347,000 miles and still runs great so it's the car that keeps on giving. It's a throw away since there's no value in a car with this many miles. In addition to the Camry, I drive Dudley, a 1993 Ford Ranger handed down from Nic and Barbie, my 1995 girlie Jeep.

After sinking a 4x4 post and re-locating the trail camera to get better pictures of guest at our snack bar, Kuma and I went to the cabin. I can't believe the rhetoric that Ninja squirrel is just a raccoon. Yesterday, I filled the feeders and found the biggest ear of corn in my storage bin to put on the nail. I went to Waverly for an hour and upon return, over half the cob was gone as well as half the grain in the feeder. Ninja has to be up in the canopy, constantly watching and waiting. There was no raccoon showing up in the middle of the day - this was Ninja. I feel like we are being watched all the time as he waits.
Kuma went with me to fill his feeders before leaving; don't want to upset him again. 

Looking north off the porch, I may need to cut the grass.

Drove Maximus to re-position the trail camera to correct camera sight lines. A
new post in the ground to catch the guest at my mineral block.

Ninja removed half the kernels off the cob and
half the grain in the feeder in less than an hour
while I went to Waverly.

No comments:

Post a Comment