Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day at ManCamp

I started the day with thoughts of dad as I was in his log cabin preparing another breakfast in his memory. Everything is the same as it was in 2005, the last year he could enjoy a Sunday morning breakfast. He looked forward to it so much. Sometimes he would forget what day of the week it was and call me on a Wednesday or Thursday evening to confirm I was coming out the next morning to fix it. I would have to break the news that it wasn't Saturday and that he would have to wait. It's so nice that all my siblings, except for brother Don who lives in North Carolina, attend every Sunday. So another country breakfast of link sausage, sausage patties, bacon, smoked sausage, sausage gravy, eggs, biscuits, and fried potatoes was served to brothers John and Tom and sister Sandy. Sandy's husband Mike and my niece Megan were also there. It doesn't matter who comes, there will always be a breakfast on Sunday's in dad's memory; I'm sure he would be pleased.

After breakfast I spent most of the day at ManCamp cabin. I finally got the front window blinds shortened and some clean up done. The blinds look nice and they don't restrict the view. The wild birds at the porch apparently don't see you when the blinds are tilted as they have no fear coming on the porch even when you're standing at the window.

With Robbie in Nashville and Kuma in Waverly, I worked alone. Today's main project was to install an HD TV in the kitchen. You never want to miss a play in a big game just because you need another ladle of soup beans off the stove. Who would design a TV mount with over 100 parts? It's just a little 19 inch TV with a high technology wall mount that tilts, rotates and extends. I'm glad I was alone while putting this contraption together. Very tedious work with no instructions, just pictures.

I vacated ManCamp to attend my father's day dinner. Laura made the most outstanding fried chicken; it was my father's day request. She marinated it in buttermilk over night before frying. Natalie, Nic, Brandon and Wendy had dinner with us. It was a very good father's day. I am Blessed.
Kitchen TV mounted under cabinet

Living room blinds all installed.

Summer's view

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful, peaceful place and a wonderful way to honor Uncle Gene's memory! I've caught a few entries on Mom's FB but being connected now with the cousins will be fun!

    This may come up with the store's blog address but it is your cousin Sue in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete