Sunday, May 29, 2011

Emeril, Paula Deen, Laura and Nic should all be proud

The kitchen is pretty much finished now and ready for some action. Not much more to do with it except some plumbing and flue hook ups and some baseboard/trim installation. Of course, there is always opportunities to add some kitchen touches for the culinary efforts that will soon follow. Big kudos to Robbie for cleaning and painting the little cook stove. I've named it "Beulah" in honor of someone special. I can still remember my great aunt Beulah Fosson who was such a free spirit. She was born in 1911 (11 years before my dad) and used to show up for visits at our home during my childhood. If I remember correctly, she would be driving a 1955 ford (yellow maybe?) and would stay the night. Such a wonderful, warm person. She passed away in 1995 at the age of 84 and I believe she is buried in the family cemetary on Lost Creek in Kentucky. What I recall is her charm, happiness, and independence. She just seemed to keep on going; this little stove deserves to be a "Beulah". I'm sure Aunt Beulah grew up around a similar little stove.

Ready for action. Bean pot on back of stove.

"Beulah" the workhorse of the kitchen.


Not too big or too small. Functional.

The Char-Wood Cooler. Robbie says its the single
best investment in the cabin. Of course its always
full of ice and adult beverages when he visits.

An Off-the Grid view of kitchen

Bar and fridge.

Cooking Stuff!
Kitchen Area Before.

Kitchen completed.

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' pretty sweet, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you did! This is fabulous. It's obvious you have an eye for detail and you're well organized. I am, too, so I appreciate what you've done. I can see all the little things in the "big picture" that make the cabin a home. You should be so proud.

    I can't figure out from your blogs where the cabin is located; Ohio? Kentucky? Wish I knew...

    I want to be your friend so you'll invite me to your cabin. I enjoy cooking and cleaning, so I can contribute. ;))

    Thanks for sharing. Love it...

    debbie in NH

    ReplyDelete