Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Slow Progress

Progress when building a cabin is often measured in small incremental steps; today was no exception. With Kuma d.o.g. at my side, (how could I deny her again?) we went to the cabin and found it a comfortable 80 degrees while outside it was a sweltering 93. Thank goodness for the refrigerator and freezer after firing up the generator. Stuffed full of bottled water, there was plenty of relief from the heat for both of us.

I finally started hanging the last of the window blinds. It may not sound like much but I purchased the wrong size for the front windows and had problems finding the right size to 'custom' fit the frames. Blinds are now on hand and are going up. In today's heat, I stopped after completing the first set.

Kuma and I visited the food stand set up below the cabin for the deer and turkey. Looks like we have some customers showing up.
New blinds installed on front windows

For privacy or security, the new blinds are functional
A young visitor to the 'snack bar' set up below the cabin
She seems to enjoy the free treats.

Kuma tagging along in the hollow as we check the trail camera





No comments:

Post a Comment