Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cabin Time is Quality Time

Well, after a rough few days it was very rewarding to load up big brown dog (aka Kuma d.o.g.) and head for the hills. At the cabin, the squirrel feeders were found empty and Ninja Squirrel was obviously PO'd. He clearly took his rage out on each of the empty feeders; two flipped over on their tree mounts and one with the lid half off.

I should have sent someone to feed Ninja in my absence.

With the evening rain and a fog rolling up through the vegetation below, the porch was extremely peaceful tonight. Everyone deserves a panic room or a place to go; this is mine. The adult beverages placed on ice in the Char-Wood cooler Saturday morning for some weekend enjoyment had unfortunately been abandoned in place. There were multiple casualties of neglect, some floating and some submerged but all at ambient temperature. The super-sized bag of ice was now nothing more than dog water. Kuma was very appreciative as I drained it into a bucket; it beat drinking from a puddle.Warm didn't matter, just knowing I was back on the porch with my loyal side kick made sampling a can recovered from the drink very enjoyable. Besides, if the European's consume it warm, so can I.

Sometimes you just need to thank God for at least one good thing in your life. Today I came up with many as I thanked Him for the air in my lungs, my family, Kuma d.o.g. and my cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment