Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cabin Errands

I put it off long enough. I had a car trunk full of cabin construction stuff that needed returned to Menard's for refund and/or exchange and no time seemed like the right time so today I just buckled down and did it. A case and half of floor tile and a couple of 42" x 48" blinds and some other stuff went back. I love that store. I didn't have my receipts but they have a computer at the entrance where you can look up all your previous purchases and it will print a duplicate. Amazing how many trips to Menard's I've made just this year.

I picked up the last set of 2" wood blinds for the front windows; this time the right length. I also picked up a replacement bird feeder. Some big butt bird most have sat on the last one and broke the hanger loose. It splintered into multiple pieces after the 14' fall from the porch. Kicked it up a notch and got them a bigger one since I've had so many wild birds stopping by. Also had to get another 20 lbs of squirrel food for Ninja squirrel. He's up to 20 pounds of kibbles and a bag of field corn a week. If I catch him, I'll take him to the fair.

Took another asset from Laura for the cabin; she let me take a steam mop to keep the kitchen floor tile clean. I took her Oreck vacuum earlier since she upgraded to a Dyson at the house.

Kuma helped me kill off a box of Cheez It crackers between hanging and adjusting the length of the new window blinds and feeding the birds and Ninja.

I was so happy to find over 30 pictures on my trail camera where we set up a snack bar for the wild life. It was very disappointing to find all the corn gone and evidence of much activity but the camera mispositioned to where I was cutting off their heads in pictures or just getting the background. I did catch a curious snake checking out the Trail camera. There were wild turkeys nibbling around when we showed up so I suspect they ate the 50 pounds of corn on the ground. Tomorrow, I'll drive a stake in the ground to mount it much lower.
A snake slithering down the tree where the trail camera is mounted.

Hated cutting off this young buck stopping by for a snack.


New feeder installed. Hopefully big enough for all the guests.
Looks like another young man stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment