Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Ceiling Work

I'm so tired of working on the cabin ceiling and yet I'm less than half way done. This weekend I worked alone and put up about 40 boards. It was nice and cool Saturday morning so I built a fire in the kitchen stove and fixed breakfast, coffee and put the soup beans on. By mid day, the beans were done so I baked some corn bread and had a great lunch. Soup beans and corn bread will definitely be a regular meal at ManCamp.  Today I installed more insulation in the ceiling and later prepared and stained another 10 boards. Until this task is completed, it will consume most of the time at the cabin. The living room wood flooring cannot be installed until the ceiling is complete to avoid damaging it so staying focused on this job is the only way to get it all done. Brandon and Robbie have offered to help some this week and will both be welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment