Monday, October 10, 2011

They don't make them like this anymore

Another cabin project that I've put off is finally completed.

In 1979, a close friend, Roger Robinson gave me a 30' antenna tower complete with antenna and electric rotor after many good years of use at his home. I transported and installed it at my parents farm house and for the first time in 14 years on the farm, they had good TV reception. The tower has stood at the farm house ever since even as the house falls in from age and neglect and hasn't been lived in for over 20 years. Today I took a generator, a reciprocating saw and the tractor to the house and brought it down. I was impressed with how well it has weathered the years. It was as solid as the day I set it and showed no signs of weakness.
I hauled it to where I plan to plant it on the hill behind the cabin. After finding the original rotor controller in the farm house, I hooked it up and to my surprise, it still rotates the mast as smooth as it did over 30 years ago. Did I say it was all made in the USA?

30' tower for pulling in some free TV in the woods

No comments:

Post a Comment