Monday, January 23, 2012

Unusual January Weather

This afternoon, after picking Laura up from physical therapy where they manipulated her new titanium knee, I told her I wanted to go to the cabin. She has accepted the bond and attraction I have to the woods and encouraged me to go. For January in Ohio, 70 degrees is highly unusual and today's warm breeze as a cold front pushed through was calling me to the porch.

A trip to Kroger's and I replenished the cabin supplies of Merlot, crackers and cheese; all of which accompanied me. With winds gusting 40-50 mph, the bamboo wind chimes spun and clattered loudly but not enough to discourage visits by wild birds to the porch feeders. I took a short walk around the cabin as many branches had recently fallen due to the wind and a large tree had been uprooted just off to the north. I was surprised to find 2 new dandelion blooms erupting through the winter soil thinking Spring had arrived. Just another example of the bizarre winter weather we're now having.

No comments:

Post a Comment