Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ice Storm at ManCamp

In the winter of 1965, we had our first opportunity to sleep in the farm house at Fosson Family Trails. My bedroom was upstairs which was unheated. I can remember on some nights waking up and finding ice in my glass of water on the night stand beside the bed. Mom piled so many quilts and blankets on our beds that you either stayed warm or you suffocated under the load. It's life experiences like this that I attribute my love of the cold and why I enjoy mornings like this at the cabin. This morning, with camera in hand, I took pictures as I enjoyed the aftermath of a late night ice storm that came through.

The mini-project of installing a wall heater is now fully complete and it is working great. The cabin was 45 degrees this morning and did not get below 44 during the night; an excellent sleeping temperature.


The pines are weighted down

The porch view is a sea of ice crystals

Took this picture looking out the living room window

This is the side yard as seen from the fireplace windows




The small 20000 btu wall heater has an automatic blower and
built in thermostat. Does a great job when the fireplace or
Beulah are inactive.
A 100 lb tank of LP installed behind the cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment