Sunday, April 10, 2011

Warm and windy Sunday in April

Random activity at the cabin today and not much work accomplished. The unseasonable warmth in the upper 80s with a 20-30 mph breeze kept me returning to the porch swing to enjoy the beauty of the day. So easy to fall asleep and not even know where you are. Needless to say, I had a couple of naps today. I did accomplish a couple of tasks that I've been putting off though. I stained one of the porch chairs with Early American. I also dug the 4 post holes for the generator house aka 'power house'. I almost forgot how much I hated digging post holes in the forest where rocks and clay are encountered every inch of the way. Was missing Nic's help on this one; task completed though, 4 holes in the ground 30" deep. After about 400 lb of concrete it'll be ready for an F5 tornado or a major seismic event...or a thief on a 4-wheeler. Installed a hidden Trail Camera. I've got to try and find out what is eating all the squirrel food. The feeders are filled with corn, nuts and seeds in the evening with full cobs of corn, too. In the mornings, they are picked clean. I'm hoping to find a squirrel as big as a house cat pigging out for a Kodak moment. Of course, it could be something much more sinister like a racoon, deer or...who knows? The forest is full of life at night so I'm interested in seeing who the guilty one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment