Sunday, April 17, 2011

ManCamp wine bush

Most people don't know that wine grows on a bush at ManCamp. It's true, I found one growing just over the bank by some little pines.  Complete with some white merlot, chardonnay, even some riesling! Ok, didn't fall for it huh....well, thanks to Laura and her latest cabin gift, I have a little wine tree near the fireplace for special occasions. She doesn't frequent ManCamp often but she knows I like a glass of wine now and then. Laura and her Lancaster friends went shopping Saturday and she returned with 3 cabin gifts. A rustic candle lantern, a planter and the wine tree complete with 4 bottles of wine. I'm spoiled.

ManCamp wine bush growing wild in the forest

Wine bush uprooted and set on fireplace

Forest is really starting to bloom

Little Red Bud marked to protect it from my chainsaw.

Backyard view on April 17, 2011 afternoon.

Kuma d.o.g. helping clean up storm damage in front yard.
Its becoming increasingly hard to do anything productive on Sunday afternoons at the cabin. Kuma d.o.g. hiked around with me today in the forest and on the farm. We marked little dogwood and red bud trees so I won't cut them down when I'm using the bush hog or chain saw. Did finally install the brace package under the kitchen chimney, and continued to work installing stove pipe inside. Also reversed some cabinet doors (they always seem to open the wrong direction in tight quarters). Fed the squirrels and then Kuma and I took a nap on the porch while enjoying the breeze. Pretty lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment