Monday, September 05, 2011

ManCamp Cage Match

I often witness chipmunk spats and little fights at the feeders as one running down the tree meets another running up. They will roll on the ground in a ball and fight until one gives up and takes off running.

Today I observed a chipmunk lift the lid and go into a squirrel feeder; nothing new or unexpected. Ninja squirrel had robbed the feeder of most of the grain so the little fella had to go to the bottom to fill his pouches. Before he could come out, another chipmunk ran up the tree, apparently not knowing the feeder was already occupied. He too lifted the lid and jumped inside.

They apparently weren't friends.

The two got into a big fight that was clearly visible through the plexiglas for spectators on the cabin porch. As the dust rolled out and the feeder jumped on it's nail, they squeeled and tumbled on a bed of corn. Finally they called it a draw and both ran out and down the tree. One went East while the other ran West to my amusement.

It was a great day to be at the cabin. At dawn it was just under 60 degrees with a light rain. 5 wild turkeys wandered by picking at the corn I've been throwing out. I fired up Beulah and she quickly had the kitchen toasty and comfortable. Without Kuma d.o.g., Robbie or Nic, I worked alone. I finished insulating and installing the wall boards in the utility room. I also cut and mounted the shelf supports for the 5 shelves that will be installed to hold batteries, inverter, charger and household stuff. A coat of paint and I will be ready to check this off my list. I plan to work on the bathroom to get it completed next now that the kitchen is finished and Beulah lives. So nice having a large pan of hot water and a stove to cook lunch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment