Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cooler Weather has arrived

For those not keeping up with Mother Nature, she is sending a strong message that we better be preparing for cold weather and winter. Tonight's forecast is for 43 degrees but it typically gets a few degrees colder on the farm. This evening, Kuma d.o.g. accompanied me to the cabin. Upon arrival it was 57 degrees and falling; it was down to 50 degrees and still falling when we came in off the porch.

I've got one of those little liquid propane stone fire burners that sits next to my chair on the porch. On evenings like tonight, its very peaceful sitting and watching the flames dance above the lava stones in the bowl. It didn't take long before I fell asleep while enjoying the combination of cold weather and heat from a flickering flame. I awoke to the smell of something burning; I didn't realize my arm was too close to the flames and the smell was from my arm hairs being burned off!

It is still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment