Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sharing the cabin with the big elf

This time of year I find myself so busy, both with work and personal life, that opportunities to spend time at the cabin are infrequent. Kuma d.o.g. has cabin fever and wants (demands) attention and time in the woods. Fortunately, my sons are both interested in spending time there and have taken advantage of my absence.

With Christmas just 5 days away, I feel privileged that Santa has stopped in for a rest at the cabin while out and about visiting children in southern Ohio. On one evening this week, while resting his bones in front of the fire, a group of very young children with their adult supervision went on a Santa Hunt to see if he was in the woods. To their amazement, they found Santa at my cabin where they shared their wish list and discussed their year in review.

A young 3 year old sits with Santa discussing her Christmas wish list and life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment