Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hidden Treasures

While out for a pleasure drive enjoying summer's end, I passed a yard sale on US Route 50. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of an old storage trunk sitting proudly under a tree. I immediately thought of how that trunk would look in the cabin as a coffee table if only I would get it. After continuing about a mile, the realization that I just had to have it was overwhelming as I made a U-turn, returned and pulled up into the yard. A feisty little lady in her early sixties was the owner and was quick to explain the trunk's history and how she had just emptied it before dragging it out on the lawn. I inquired about her asking price and was pleasantly surprised when she said $50. Out of respect for those that labor in yard sales, I never challenge a fair price so I quickly closed the deal and transported the trunk to the cabin. It now has a home as a coffee table that won't be offended by men's boots and shoes resting comfortably on its rim.

There are hidden treasures all around, you simply have to keep your eyes open or they'll pass you by.

The trunk is perfect for storing blankets and pillows while not minding a boot or two
on its rim.

At $50, the trunk was a good find. There are treasures out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment