Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Three Loves

As a new year unfolds before us with an uncertain future ahead, its easy to worry about the unknown while losing sight of positive influences in each of our lives.

Today I pause and acknowledge three loves that are extremely important to me: family, my dog and a cabin.

 Returning home from work today, a package was received in the mail. To my pleasant surprise, I unwrapped a fragile and beautiful Ohio State stemless wine glass sent from my only daughter who knows I love both the Buckeyes as well an occasional glass of wine. The joy of sharing happiness, peace and health with those so close in our lives is priceless.

Returning home each day, Kuma d.o.g. meets me with her unconditional love. Dogs are God's gift to humanity. Those that live amongst us who don't appreciate canines are missing out on one of life's greatest gifts. Few dogs live beyond 10-15 years but all will give more love than they receive in their short lives. I for one appreciate and acknowledge this gift that awaits me after a difficult day.

Time at the cabin regardless of length is special. This evening, arrival after sunset simply provides a new experience where winter's cold and early darkness accentuates the warmth and welcome of a cabin in the woods

A gift from my daughter, an Ohio State wine glass

The cabin on a cold January evening
.

No comments:

Post a Comment