Saturday, August 27, 2011

Working outside

Today has just been a beautiful day for outside work on the cabin. There may be a tropical storm on the east coast but if its responsible for the low humidity, constant breeze and 78 degree temperature under a sunny sky then I'm thankful we are getting the effects inland. Started the day with a breakfast at Bob Evans and then made a trip to Lowe's to pick up lumber, nails and silicone for work on the back wall. After a trip to the cabin, I felt guilty that I left my loyal companion, Kuma d.o.g. cooped up at the house. She was so happy that I showed up and took her to the woods. My plan was to complete simple tasks today since Robbie and I had already installed all the siding on the back wall last weekend. Didn't even need the generator as a hand saw would suffice. I trimmed the siding by installing 1"x6" on the corners, trim under the overhang and then 1"x4" boards around the 2 back windows. After staining the windows and trim, I applied a few tubes of silicone as a final task before spraying the whole wall down with stain- possibly tomorrow.

 Kuma and I migrated to the porch and just took in the rest of the afternoon. The bamboo wind chimes were so peaceful and rhythmic in the constant breeze. Sure felt like early fall as leaves were falling all around.
How could I deny my companion and not take her to the cabin? She loves the porch.

Enjoy trimming and even applying silicone but I HATE staining.
Good thing I've got a Wagner sprayer, once trimmed and masked, I can
spray this entire wall down in less than 30 minutes.

Ok, its just basic trim but I never said I was a carpenter. It should look
ok once sprayed down with stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment