Sunday, August 28, 2011

Flea Market Cabin Furnishings

Well, today I returned to Pike County's only indoor mall, The Southbound Flea Market. I wanted to get more bamboo wind chimes. They are like tattoos, once you get one, you have to have more. After installing 2 above the porch swing, I obsessed with needing 'stereo' so I wanted another set by the steps. Lucked out and got the last set at a bargain basement $6. My mom used to sell fine china at the Washington Court House flea market in the 70s and early 80s up until she died unexpectedly. I became a flea market regular years ago thanks to her passion and interest. Many of the elderly women selling wares remind me so much of her. I make a point to treat them all with respect as I suspect they are struggling to get by. One lady has a booth with nothing but kitchen gadgets, silverware, pots and pans and knives. Most everything is $1 so picking up potato peelers, can openers, spatulas, pie pans and mixing bowls is a real bargain since most items appear they've seen little to no use. You can furnish a cabin kitchen at the flea market a lot cheaper than going to Kitchen Collection! Once again, I found a great little oil lamp at a very good price. A hand painted glass lamp for my kitchen table for only $6. On my way to the car, I ran into a coworker, Rob Jacobs and his wife. They talked like this was their first visit to the SBFM. I'm proud to say I'm a regular as the cabin wouldn't be the same without some of the items I've found there.



Hand painted oil lamp for kitchen table from South Bound
Flea Market only $6

Libby is learning how to cross where stream cutting erosion washes out the road without
 bottoming out or hitting bumpers.

So proud of Libby now that she can get across. Of course, winter is another thing...

Barbie and Libby. My 2 girlie Jeeps both made it to the cabin. Come winter, they
won't make it unless it's really dry. Have to drive Nic's Maximus or Brandon's Rubicon.

An end of summer Walmart bargain- chair cushions!

One of the MANY chipmunks. They love ManCamp
and the abundance of food. He's getting his fill before
Ninja Squirrel empties all of the feeders.

My neighbors are becoming camera hogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment