Saturday, August 13, 2011

Neglected Blog

It's been over a week since I last updated my Blog and I'm ashamed of being such a procrastinator. The August heat has just been relentless and it has had a negative influence on work at ManCamp as well as Blog updates.

Last week, after completing the bathroom floor tile and installing insulation in the rafters above the sleeping loft, Sunday I went to the cabin with good intentions of resuming the task of sanding and staining ceiling panels. However, once I sat down in the porch chair and a breeze picked up, the bamboo wind chimes began serenading me to sleep with their sweet lullaby. I think I slept 2-3 hours and got absolutely nothing done. Sleeping on the porch is an entitlement and was obviously a much needed benefit.

Today, fresh from the beaches of South Carolina, my helper Robbie was ready to work at the crack of dawn. He shamed me into getting back to work on the exterior of the cabin where we hadn't finished the back side wall. I had to agree with him, fall is coming. Although days are still in the upper 80s the nights have been in the 50s so there is no denying fall and winter is on the way.

After a trip to Lowe's to stock up on supplies, we hit it pretty hard until we finally cracked open the Char-Wood cooler. After that, there was no more work. We spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up a beautiful day with cold refreshments.

This buck showed up right off the porch. He is a nice size.

Another view of my big neighbor

He's developing a nice rack.

View of cabin back side with 1" insulation board and start to
T-1-11 siding. Power house in foreground. Good view of skylights
and chimneys.

Just another view showing our effort to finish the back wall.

Ninja Squirrel is still in charge. Warning signs posted on ingress road.

Shot this picture while sitting on porch swing looking south.

Kuma d.o.g. is standing watch for Ninja Squirrel.

Washed out but had to love this young lady wanting
her picture taken during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment