Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday July 16

There is nothing quite as peaceful as grabbing the weekend papers and sitting on a cabin porch in the woods with a big cup of coffee while blending in with the birds, squirrels and chipmunks at sunrise. I sat from 6 until almost 8 just taking in the new day before finally accepting there was more I needed to do.

Soon I found myself back inside the Piketon indoor flea market. I'm not sure what the attraction is but I keep finding new things there at great prices. I literally hate Chinese junk and how our country has lost it's individuality with the markets flooded with cheap Chinese imitations. Everywhere you go you can find stores and shops filled with this cheap junk. Hobby Lobby is the biggest display locally that I can recall. At least at the flea market you can still find pieces of America from the 50s 60s and 70s that are quality USA built at a great price. Today, I bought another kerosene wall lamp. It was made in USA and is of high quality with a silver reflector plate. I paid $8 for it; on the Internet, these run about $50-$70.

I also found myself back in Chillicothe at the Cellar Antiques on High Street. I still can't believe I bought 4 solid oak kitchen chairs for $20 each there. They really have some very nice pieces. I just don't know where I'd put them in the cabin yet.

I ordered the interim 'toilet' for the cabin off the Internet today. I eventually plan to install an incinerator toilet where the waste is literally burned into dust using LP gas and an incinerator chamber. These are expensive so it will be one of the last cabin investments. Until then, I found a high quality 50 flush toilet that has a 5 gallon hold tank and 3 gallon flush tank with battery powered flush pump. It will suffice until I can put the final toilet in. You have to dump the hold tank when full but that's not such a big deal since the farm has 2 septics with access caps.

Didn't do any work on the cabin today; maybe tomorrow. Still have 100 board feet of ceiling panels stained to put up and then another 100 feet to stain. I plan to get some work done Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment