Saturday, February 11, 2012

Loving snow - any snow

My favorite weather event is a snow storm. Riding one out is also my favorite time at the cabin. Unfortunately, southern Ohio doesn't get much snow, let alone an actual snow storm. This winter, we've been lucky to have any days below freezing which means little to no snow. So today I was pleased to awaken and find at least a little snow at the cabin. A toasty fire, a pot of coffee on Beulah and trips out in the cold to fill the feeders makes for a good morning. I know it won't last and most likely will be gone within 48 hours but the little bit we received last night still made me happy. Hopefully before Spring, we will get at least one heavy snow of a foot or more.

Opening the morning blinds revealed the night's deposit.

Cabin friends love when the feeders are refilled. They are getting fat.

Why can't southern Ohio get a real snow event now and then? The winter
of 2012 has been entirely too warm.

1 comment:

  1. Not like it used to Dave right? My grandson and I are really enjoying the picutures and the stories here thank so much for having something to share! Chrissy Rhoads Royster Tellico Village TN

    ReplyDelete